Free Australia.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Carbon Tax

Go down

The Carbon Tax Empty The Carbon Tax

Post  bluejay Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Jools has blatantly lied to us by stating that 'There will not be a carbon tax under my Government". Now she has done a complete backflip and is gathering all the AGW nutcases a group to decide how much they are going to 'tax electricity' which will surely damage this country.

My question is: Can the Libs stop this evil tax getting through Parliament? Does anyone know if they have the numbers with the possible exception of Windsor (who is expressing concern that this tax will raise the price of food)?

I'm a Disability Pensioner and can hardly pay my utility bills as it is without another 'great big new tax' to add to the burden. That's just what it is isn't it? A great big new tax and has nothing really to do with climate change at all.

I have just been reading one of Andrew Bolts articles this morning which I found very interesting:

Why is Gillard now pushing what she told Rudd was poison?
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/why_is_gillard_now_pushing_what_she_told_rudd_was_poison/

Andrew Bolt
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 05:48am

Terry McCrann is mystified by Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s decision to consider imposing the carbon tax she ruled out just six weeks ago, when there was an election to win:

Why did she earlier lead the push in the Gang of Four to dump the Government’s ETS - the move which destroyed Kevin Rudd’s credibility and ultimately sealed his fate?

Presumably because she thought it would cost votes and possibly government. Yet now, at the first opportunity after the election, she’s grabbed what she thought was the hottest of hot potatoes!...

No, Julia’s experience could mirror that of the Canadian government that tried a similar slick trick to her - promising in the election campaign no GST and then slipping it in after winning the election.

At the next election, it was reduced to two seats. Yes, two seats. And Julia is supposed to be the smart one.

UPDATE

No kidding, Sherlock:

KEY independent Tony Windsor has expressed concern about the impact of a carbon price on the cost of food.

Wait until it dawns on Windsor that a carbon dioxide tax will also send power bills through the roof.
bluejay
bluejay

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum